Saturday, January 31, 2009

Research and More

Well R and I have spent the last few days making a way to build our research so that we can figure out where it all goes. It seems like its going well but has taken a little bit of my time up the last few days for any posting or further research into dreaming and such.

I have been reading a recent book I purchased off of Amazon.com called " The Dream Durgstore" by J. Allan Hobson. I must say that after reading about a quarter of the book now, I may have been a little hasty in attacking his support of the activation-synthesis hypothesis. First of all Allen Hobson didn't propose the hypothesis himself, it was first proposed in 1977 by Robert McCarley as an option to replace Freud's theory of disguise-censorship which we know of so well. The theory of activation synthesis seems to still have a few weak points that I will focus more on in a later post as well as a strong hatred for Freud's work in psychoanalysis of dreams.

Until the next post, everyone have a great rest of the weekend!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment