Monday, January 26, 2009

Lucid Dreaming: A Valid Explanation

Thanks to another great e-mail that I received from Scot Stride, I have obtained some useful documents written by Mr. Yuschak that were posted on the AdvancedLD website until the site went down. Links to these documents are posted at the end of this post.

In the e-mail from Mr. Stride, he also committed about his own hypothesis of why we lucid dream. Here is what he had to say:

The crux of lucid dreaming is the awakening of the aminergic system which allows the person to think rationally enough to recognize the mental hallucinations as dreams. Vividness and memory alone are not enough to overcome the "idiotic" state of the mind during REM dreaming. Unless the aminergic system is above a certain threshold of rational functioning, the dreamer can't become lucid. I'm beginning to conclude that the only supplements which hold promise are those that enhance the aminergic system (serotonin and norephinephrine). There is further benefit in raising the levels of brain Histamine, which is tricky because there are not that many supplements that can do it (e.g., L-Histidine). I've also concluded that increased cerebral blood flow is important. Aspirin is an indirect vasodilator by raising Nitrous Oxide (NO) levels. Niacin (Niacinamide) and L-Arginine also increase cerebral blood flow. This is important because the brain functions better and is more alert with better blood flow.

After reviewing his hypothesis for lucid dreaming it does have validity as it seems to have its foundation based on much of what Dr. Hobson research has concluded. According to Hobson’s research, the aminergic system is deactivated during a dream and “being thought as responsible for periodic discharge of norepinephrine and serotonin, into the brain (Wolf, 1995, p. 312).” If this is true than as talked about before in earlier posts, the memories of dreaming or lucid dreaming would not exists because of the absence of the important memory related neurotransmitter serotonin. An activation of the aminergic system would allow for the dreamer to remember his or her lucid experiences.

The real question that I find that I now ask myself is, how often does the average person lucid dream without remembering the experience? Being unable to remember these events myself has me wondering, why is our brain so actively trying to forget such dream events as well as the 25% of life the average person is spent sleeping? More research must be done in the area of lucid dreaming as well as REM and non-REM dreaming in order to conclude anything.

Pharmacological Induction of Lucid Dreams

LDS Tutorial #4

LDS Tutorial #3a

LDS Tutorial #2a

LDS Tutorial #1

9_HZ_bursts_correspond_to_lucidity

References:
Wolf, F. A. (1995). The Dreaming Universe. Simon and Schuster.

On a side note, it seems that anyone dealing with lucid dreaming still doesn’t know what happened to Mr. Yuschak as he seems not to be in contact with anyone.

-L

26 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great! Thank you so much Mr. Stride.

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoah! i d isagree along with your no.one finest id :D sorry?- I assume AOL do notdeserve it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great data you've right here on this post. I can be coming again to your blog for extra soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just wanted to state that I love your posting way and that so I am going to check your blog on a regular basis from now :-) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you can get twitter followers to promote your product online... But it is too much difficult to get them! So now, you should not worry about how to get twitter followers ! You can go the easy way and buy twitter followers You can easily post your URLlinks and make lot of money! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I like your post and it is so good and I am gonna save it. I Have to say the Superb analysis you have done is greatly remarkable.Who goes that extra mile these days? Bravo! Just one more tip you shouldinstall a Translator for your Worldwide Audience !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. is so appropriate its just about agonizing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great site to visit on a rainy day-Adult Entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story! I've been searching google for several hours looking for relevant info on this, they definitely need to position your site on the first page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay publish. I just grew to turn into aware from the blog and desired to say I've basic simple fact enjoyed reading through your opinions. Any way I??? ll be subscribing in your feed and Lets hope you publish yet again speedily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m having a tiny problem I cannot make my reader pick up your rss feed, I’m using google reader by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been bothered by bedbug bites this past summer. It was one of the most terrible experiences I've ever had. Those bed bug bites have been difficult to watch as well as given I couldn't describle how I got those bites precisely, my family doctor can't do amuch about it. I ended up knowing they were bed bug bites and have learned my lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Letter of credit information agencies, and professional services grasping evil, for you do expose derailed and immoral act of a third party to help you successfully seek justice for rape caught!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a great Blog here Mate. Love your content very informative, Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You’re a great writer. That was an amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great article. hope for the future of this blog is getting good with article more useful and good. ok thanks and god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I'd like to mention that I love all your publishing style and that I'm going to follow this blog frequently from now on :-) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks very good for report, I follow your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This recorded a piece of me! Eagle Air is a novice looking to be free to stroll all the exhibitions "Life is to learn not to get ..."I like this sentence, very healthy outlook on life: You do not get a satisfactory cause; is learned How closer to happiness. You do not get the victory; is to learn how to avoid failure. You do not get the final result you want; that things will not be satisfactory to learn ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …

    ReplyDelete
  22. I ever watched great stories about doing small time but make great time. I was surprised, so I ignored them. But it is my fault, so you must not capable and follow me to do that. When the time was changed the ecosystem will be changed too. But one can’t be changed, it is the changes itself. Why? No more to explain that. Getting the most valuable person like you is my future lucky. The best time to do that is with my brain. Offline time can be bored, so why don’t you use online time to become rich together? Vacation can be good one; especially we hope that after reaching success, time we spent can be substituted with great time for vacation. I am sure that you are capable in doing that, so great people will meet great time for spending time. Have a nice travel with chosen one. Really wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete