Thursday, February 26, 2009

Niacin and Flush

Since the last few days I have been working on starting a research paper as well as continuing more research into a few books and have not had a lot of time, I wanted to write something fun, interesting, and short for our readers. A lot of what I write about is just concepts I have been thinking about late at night when I can’t seem to go to sleep because I am thinking too much. As funny as it sounds, thanks to this blog and the uses of different supplements, I don’t seem to have that problem as often as I used to. I still had a continuing question last night about the effects of one supplement I have been taking, vitamin b3 or Niacin. I know that R wrote some great information about Niacin in the past, but my main question is that why are some flushes that I experience with Niacin greater than others?

Two days ago I took Niacin after not taking it for a few days and never received the wonderful rash like effects that I seem to get most times taking it. Yesterday I took it and broke out with more intensity than I ever had had in the past. Everything about yesterday was the same as the days before besides the fact that I had only had 4 hours of sleep and felt exhausted.

After thinking about it for some time, I wonder if the effects of the Niacin flush changes depending on how much sleep a person has received. It would be interesting to find a study on this, yet as I have been looking, I am unable to find one. I will continue to do my own personal research into the effects and see what hypotheses I can come up with, unless there is none.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment