Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The New Science of Dreaming

I will be adding more to this later but I wanted to post something that I found interesting that I read before I forgot.

SRM (Sleep-Related Mentation

SRM refers to any perceptual or mental state that occurs in temporal relation to some sleep process or state. IN humans we call some forms of SRM "dreams," where "dreams" refer to extended experiences of emotion laden imagery structured into story-like action episodes typically concerning the dreamer and his/her socially significant others. Many SRMs, however, are not dreams. Instead, they may be classified as hypnagogic images or fleeting and isolated though fragments, ongoing ruminations, verbalization's, or all manner of other types of mentation.

-L

2 comments:

  1. Oooh interesting. I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for the past few days. But hey! Soon my finals will be all over and a proper posting schedule will resume.

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah same here, Ill be in town for Christmas so that should be interesting.

    -L

    ReplyDelete