Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Yung

I spent the last night reading more into the wonderful world of Yung (not the book title by the way) and was reading into the development of personalities. In the book Yung gave an account of a child that was discovering where babies came from and came up with some interesting and strange yet logical ideas of where babies come from. The odd thing is that Yung gave a very good account of why the child came up with really strange and almost damaging ideas about child bearing from the child's parents. Yung though didn't deal much into child psychology ultimately stated that children are a lot smarter than grownups think and will create ideas to make sense of the strange and sometimes bazaar stories we tell them to ignore halving to have a uneasy conversation about  where they came from. It brings me to think about some of those same strange stories I later found out in life were not true, either from my own exploration into understanding nature, or my parents telling me flat out lies (stories).

I think what we experience as a child really does effect how we are as grown ups. In terms of consciousness I can see how when we are younger we develop personalities that will live with us the rest of our lives. If we damage those early with hurtful and negative thoughts about the world being full of un-trustworthy people, then we will forever believe that un-consciously or at least until something dramatic happens to change that.  I always say, "garbage in, garbage out."

No comments:

Post a Comment