Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tryptamine Palace

I just finished a book I have been reading for the last two weeks. Tryptamine Palace: 5-MeO-DMT and the Sonoran Desert Toad is what I consider one of the greatest books into the understanding the world and its powerful entheogens. It really gave me some personal incite into understanding reality and looking at things a little differently when it comes to what I think I understand and really what might be happening.

If I was to sum up the book in as few words as possible I would tell those who have never read Tryptamine Palaces that its an open minded concept of the world from an explorer of the mind. James Oroc (the writer) puts his experinces of the psychedelic compound 5-MeO-DMT in clear and understandable English, giving his words meaning through references into religious and philosophical teachings that clearly relate to the experience he describes. He gives b7a09241-cf3a-4b51-8438-78b8de9334ebthe evidence that entheogens have been used throughout history blatantly showing their usefulness in the past. He also shows their real world application as the more we learn about the metaphysics of our universe the more they seem like a psychedelic trip.

One key point that I found interesting in the book is James's use of the word light in his experiences and how his descriptions very closely relate to other religious experiences of light. This use of the word light in the sense that light is "God" is not only limited to 5-MeO-DMT and has been referenced many times before from others who have used different types of compounds as well as mediation. It would bring me to conclude that something in our body is creating a psychedelic experience that points in the direction of a god like being either from taking psychedelics or producing them naturally.

Over all, I highly suggest anyone read the book Trypatmine Palace if you are interested in understanding more of how psychedelics work and the possible reasons behind the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment