Sunday, October 11, 2009

Long Break Over

The last few weeks I have been reading up on my new obsession about Buddhism. I have learned a lot about the philosophy of the culture as well as some of the aspects of the religion. It really helped me to understand the importance of paying attention, especially in my day to day life, as well as during my sleep. Through some of their practices I have increased my ability to have lucid dreams as well as OBE, however I still believe that this is based on the simple rule of paying attention to my body and mind during the day and when I go to sleep has been the main cause behind this.

This concept brings me to the question of if we are continuing to have lucid dreams and OBE during most nights but just don't remember it? R has brought to my attention that a few individuals have reported this to be the case in the past. It could also be that paying attention to our breathing and how our minds act differently during our transitions between NREM and REM sleep, causes us to notice this and allowing us to become lucid. At any rate meditation and paying attention are key points in just about every way of increasing your lucidity during sleep.

In the next few weeks I will be focusing more on topics that deal with cultures and their drug use though history.

1 comment: